The Taj Cape Town is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architecture. Originally home to the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers, later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new. This five-star hotel is ideally located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance to the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. Its prime site ensures that the Taj Cape Town is perfectly situated for those looking to discover authentic Cape Town and its blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine make it the ideal place to stay.
The historic structure of the Taj Cape Town is home to the Heritage Rooms and Suites, Tower Rooms and Suites, The Presidential Suite and the Taj Club. These 167 exquisite rooms offer guests old-world quality complemented by modern features and luxury amenities. The Taj Cape Town presents an eclectic variety of cuisine and culinary experiences including an Indian specialty restaurant, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant and a champagne and oyster bar. The magnificent banqueting and meeting rooms combine the elegance of a bygone era with state-of-the-art technology. In addition the hotel offers a full Jiva Grande Spa and a fitness centre.
The Taj Cape Town is perfectly placed to impart an exceptional and unforgettable Mother City experience.
Driving directions to the Taj Hotel from the Cape Town International Airport 20 kms / about 20 minutes:
1. Head southeast toward Drop Off Rte 400 m
2. Continue straight onto Ring 150 m
3. Slight right to stay on Ring 92 m
4. Slight left to stay on Ring 400 m
5. Continue onto Airport Approach Rd 1.4 km
6. Continue onto Settlers Way 550 m
7. Take the ramp onto Settlers Way/N2 10.5 km
8. Take the exit onto N2 4.1 km
9. Exit onto Eastern Blvd 550 m
10. Continue onto Strand St 800 m
11. Turn left at Burg St 450 m
12. Take the 3rd left onto Wale St
Destination will be on the left 110 m